July 30, 2004

Warcraft III is Ridiculous

I tried my hand at playing on battle.net today, and I've forgotten how crazily competitive people online can be about their games. I spent twenty minutes building up what I considered to be a rather large army, defended my allies against multiple waves, and marched into battle, only to see swarms of demons descend upon me in what could only be called digital rape. The opponent's name was even along the lines of "Dr. Anus", I kid you not.

Warcraft Single-Player was fun, but I'll probably stick with UT2k4 or some other such game at which I stand a chance. Chess is always cool.

While I'm here, I might as well do some ranting about games...




If you've ever played a computerized chess game, you know they're pretty bland. I've been hooked on Freeverse software's Big Bang Chess ever since I downloaded it. It is seamlessly integrated with Mac OS X's Address Book, iChat, iTunes and Mail applications, and utilizes Apple's implementation of ZeroConf, known as OpenTalk (and formerly known as Rendezvous) to find you a game on any ad hoc (read: wireless at a coffee shop) network. The AI is pretty good, but the networking abilities are what really sell this game. Or would, because it's free. If you have a Mac, try it out.

Also... DOOM 3 comes out in a few days for our PC brethren. [H]ard|OCP has an excellent hardware guide to determine whether or not you can run Doom 3 without buying a new machine. According to them, a 64 MB graphics card on a 1.5 GHz Athlon using only 384 MB of RAM was sufficient to run this game at bearable quality. They also attest that DOOM 3 looks great at 640x480, a fact I'm not so quick to believe (especially because my laptop would have to scale that up to 1280x854), but am still anxious to see in action. If their statements are true, not only my 1.5 GHz G4 laptop with a 128 MB graphics card and a GB of RAM, but also my family's old 533 MHz dual-processor G4 with 64 MB of video RAM and 512 MB of System RAM will run the program.

I just might have to buy this when it comes out.

5 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Whitney said...

http://thebibleinmyhands2.blogspot.com

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

read your blog, think you'd be really interested in this website

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family

Full Software Download - Get full access to thousands of applications!

Restore, Fix & Clean Up Your Registry Files and Errors in Windows. Does your PC crash, is your system running slow or are you receiving regular error messages? This program will scan your system registry and hard drive for invalid file and system references for free. These invalid references cause system instability, PC errors, constant crashes, and general system slowdowns.

XoftSpy - The Latest in Anti-Spyware & Adware Technology

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger louisericks29338894 said...

Are you stuck in a job that is leading you on the path to no where?
We can help you obtain a College Degree with classes, books, and exams
Get a Genuine College Degree in 2 Weeks!
Well now you can get them!

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

BA, BSc, MA, MSc, MBA, PHD,

Within 2 weeks!
No Study Required!
100% Verifiable

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

These are real, genuine, They are verifiable and student records and
transcripts are also available. This little known secret has been
kept quiet for years. The opportunity exists due to a legal loophole
allowing some established colleges to award degrees at their discretion.


With all of the attention that this news has been generating, I wouldn't
be surprised to see this loophole closed very soon

Get yours now, you will thank me later
Call this number now (413) 208-3069
We accept calls 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger johnflynn8751776743 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home